SubjectRe: Games with support of sound direct DMA buffer access
On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Constantin Lazarev wrote:

>Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:31:27 PST
>From: Constantin Lazarev <const_lazarev@hotmail.com>
>To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
>Subject: Games with support of sound direct DMA buffer access
>
>Hi All!
>I'm now designing sound driver for Linux and trying to support Direct Access
>to DMA buffer in it. But I can't find games (besides Quake), that support
>this. Of course, I can debug this with my own application, but I'd like to
>be sure that my implementation is compatible with standard.
>Would you advice me such game. Unfortunately, I could not run Quake on my
>computer (I have no 3dfx video card).

I have a 2Mb Cirrus Logic GL5446 that is definitely not a 3D
card. I can run Quake just fine with this card on a Pentium 100,
and it is playable. It runs also on a 486/66 but is fairly
choppy. Unless you're running a 386 you should be able to too.

--
Mike A. Harris Linux advocate
Computer Consultant GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in
which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.027 / U:0.104 seconds]