SubjectRe: Performance question
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Achim Leubner wrote:

Hi, Achim!

I did CC: to you several times about your GDTH driver does NOT work at all
with 2.3.xx. Alas, no answer had been received so far...

I'm in touch with Eric Youngdale trying to get the bugs in gdth drivers
fixed. D'ya share our efforts as a maintainer of a buggy driver? May be I'm
wrong, but I think that it's kinda wrong to ask about the performance of a
driver which does NOT work at all...

Please look into 2.3.xx sources. The last revision mark from you is

=== Cut ===
* Revision 1.23 1999/03/26 09:12:31 achim

This is exactly the same driver which had been debugged by you for 2.2.x with
my assistance (hdr_channel set to 0, CD-ROM data corruption etc., d'ya
recall?). There is no sign of life from ICP Vortex since this victory, gdth
in 2.3.xx seems to be developed by different people and not maintained at
all..

Please let me know, is this an official position of ICP Vortex not to mess
with development kernels doing only most necessary changes for, sorry for an
expression, "stable" ones?