    SubjectRe: [Semi-OT,important] ORBS globally blocks users of these lists
    "Khimenko Victor" <> writes:

    > It's not possible since ABOVE.NET choose to block ORBS. If systems @ ABOVE.NET
    > are blacklisted it's ABOVE.NET fault, not ORBS fault.

    ORBS has NO MEANS, NO RIGHT and NO JUSTIFICATION to block domains just
    because they do not co-operate. Period. They may block relaying hosts
    within, but the approach is wrong. In dubio pro reo.

    > Not dozen peoples. Just city's head. And they DO NOT SHOOT them. They just
    > refuse to speak with them till policy is not changed. It's what US goverment
    > is doing all the time: "we will not speak with you till you'll do this and
    > that". If it's Ok for US goverment why it's not Ok for ORBS ?

    Because they are telling OTHERS not to speak to the defendants.

    > > Is generic blacklisting right?
    > If there are no choice then yes.

    This will lead to the point where spammers and careless administrators
    rule who can send mail and who cannot. This is wrong.

    Matthias Andree

    Hi! I'm the infamous .signature virus!
    Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.018 / U:10.744 seconds]