SubjectRe: [Semi-OT,important] ORBS globally blocks users of these lists
In <Pine.OSF.4.21.0001181106570.228457-100000@byron.sanger.ac.uk> Jonathan Nicholson (jjn@sanger.ac.uk) wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> Blu3Viper wrote:
>>
>> > The method ORBS is using is wrong. By ORBS, I am guilty until proven
>> > innocent
>>
>> Yep. Unfortunately there isn't any alternative, as the guilty can hide
>> their guilt behind IP filters.

> My 2p - ORBS just doesn't do checking correctly, we got a message a few
> months back saying we were to be black holed - but we're not an open
> relay, Janet tested us over a year ago and gave us a clean bill of
> health... Their checks just gave bogus answers.

Their checks gave bogus answers :-( They are fixed now (AFAIK). Unfrtunatelly
perfect checks are not possible (there are always has chance that some weird
host can relay ORBS's checks with only few lines of body but will not relay
"normal" spam with more then few lines and so on). Now ORBS will wait for
message to come back to bot from you server before marking you as open-relay.
Even this policy is not perfect but it's as good as it can be.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.117 / U:2.136 seconds]