SubjectRe: vger rejecting messages from mediaone (ORBS is evil)
>   Perhaps ORBS could instead list the netblock as 'unscanned but well-policed'
> if no addresses in the entire netblock currently appear in MAPS.

One problem is that you can't easily report "all hosts in this netblk bad
except". Vixie's choice of DNS is clever, but DNS is bad for all but cases.

I think what is actually needed is something a bit more subtle to fix the
protocol - like a second lookup in a "good DNS"

> Is this a reasonable way to increase the value of the information
> served by ORBS, i.e. would this reduce rejection of good email?

Yep

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.051 / U:0.140 seconds]