SubjectRe: vger rejecting messages from mediaone (ORBS is evil)
ORBS is also blocking mail relay from portions of the PacBell domain, so I
was finding mail bouncing using that system. Rather than try to get the
giant monolith to fix its act (you would have been floored by the mail I
received from Technical Support when I reported the ORBS block!) I decided
to crank up sendmail and run my own SMTP relay.

A side effect of doing this is that my mail gets through *much* faster, and
much more reliably. I also have a log of all my mail activity, which I
didn't have with the ISP-based mail provider.

This is a send-only SMTP server -- it does not accept incoming traffic from
anyone outside of the local network.

Satch

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.312 / U:0.008 seconds]