SubjectRe: Strange thing about a bug report

Sasi,

I an not ignoring you, just that I sent Mark Lord one of my HA366 cards
that is fully configurable. There are some unusual developemnts with that
card lately.

First WDC's and Maxtor's drives will work but many of them can not handle
the extremely tight timing aspects of the HPT366.

Almost all of Maxtor's ATA-33 drives work only at DMA mode 2 ATA-2.
Almost all of Maxtor's ATA-66 drives work only at UDMA mode 2.
This excludes the 6800 series for now.

WDC has much of the same problem.

Only Quantum and IBM are known strong quanties.

Now back to the first issue........

The interrupt and pin combinations that the chipset currently being
shipped are causing me headaches.

Define again the hardware, please......

BP6 correct?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Sasi Peter wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry to annoy you all, but I would like a quick suggestion about a
> problem I have submitting a bug report about my UDMA66 card to either
> linux-kernel or Andre Hedrick.
>
> I have sent the attached bug report (email) twice to Andre, and once to
> the linux-kernel, and I am afraid that it never reached the destination:
> I read linux-kernel every day, and my message did not appear, and I sent
> an 'if-you-ignore-my-message-pls-blind-reply' to Andre, and nothing so
> far.
>
> My box is not in the ORBS database, so I do not know what on earth (inet;)
> could be the problem.
>
> The bug is described in the attach.
>
> Thx 4 your kind help,
>
> -- SaPE
>
> Peter Sasi <sape@sch.hu>

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.082 / U:1.244 seconds]