    SubjectOT: vger rejecting messages from mediaone
    I and many other people can no longer post directly to linux-kernel
    from my normal account, as my ISP (mediaone/roadrunner) is blocking
    ORBS.ORG's mail relay probes, so ORBS has added mediaone to their
    blacklist. security@rr.com informs me they have no intention of
    letting ORBS scan their customers, mentioned that above.net is in the
    same boat, and pointed me at spam-l@lists.oulu.fi, where this is a
    hot topic.

    I can see ORBS's point of view; when someone reports an abused mail
    relay at one of roadrunner's customers, ORBS now has no way of
    checking to see if that mail relay is in fact open.

    I'm in the process of switching to another ISP to get around this
    problem... other MediaOne/RoadRunner customers might want to
    give security@rr.com some feedback on this issue, since he says
    he gets fewer than two complaints daily about this.
    - Dan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:1.484 seconds]