SubjectRe: Userland Kernel Download Tool

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 wrote:

> Here's the idea I have: create a user-space, server-based tool with a
> simple API and protocol that sits on top of an uncompressed kernel source
> tree. This server-based tool is talked to by a client (it could be a CGI
> program, or a desktop program, or a Java applet or whatever) that presents

I think it is called 'rsync' with the proper exclude lists. If someone
would keep the current set of kernels up for rsync (unpacked) clients
could put in exclude rules and basically get something as efficient as a
patch and as reliable as a new tar ball (particularly if coupled with
--delete :>)