SubjectRe: time_t size: The year 2038 bug Summary:
Date

mike@UDel.Edu said:
> This thinking is what caused the 'Y2K' problem. Most likely the
> world won't suffer too much as a result of Y2K, but fixing it was damn
> expensive, plus we all looked like idiots.

Actually, I thought the main reason we all looked like idiots w.r.t. Y2K was
because we spent so long running around like blue-arsed flies going on
about how catastrophic it was going to be, then nothing much actually went
wrong - even in places where they had spent nothing on trying to fix it.

The UK government spent so much money on winding people up about it that they
then had to run another ad campaign just to reassure people that the world
wasn't going to end :)

--
dwmw2