    SubjectRe: BusLogic + SMP == broke
    On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Brian Macy wrote:

    > This is more of an FYI than anything as it has probably always been
    > broken. At least from reading the SANE list it appears scanning with a
    > BusLogic card (BT-930, BT-950, and BT-958) on an SMP machine causes
    > random but frequent lockups. One person's machine would crash any time
    > he touched a non-Hard Drive device attached to the controller.
    >
    > The solution thus far has been to just buy a new SCSI card... I'm going
    > to toy with the driver to see if I can figure out what is going on but
    > my device driver coding is extremely limited. Chances are my BT-958 will
    > be forsale on ebay shortly :)

    Get any funny kernel errors on the screen when these locks happened?
    I've got a BT958D in an SMP machine, and basically every day, damn near EVERY
    day, it'll lock on me w/ a message bitching about a scsi error or something,
    I'd have to go look it up again...

    Stephen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.055 / U:61.532 seconds]