    From: Stuart MacDonald []
    Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 1999 12:52 PM
    To: WANG,YIDING (HP-SanJose,ex1)
    Subject: Re: RH6.0 C compiler doesn't recognize "\"

    From: WANG,YIDING (HP-SanJose,ex1) <>
    > The C compiler in RH6.0 (Linux 2.2.5-15) doesn't like back slash "\" in
    > header file for the continued lines. Does anyone know how to make this
    > compiler take this standard "\" as acceptible symbol for continued lines?

    Look carefully at the bottom line of your vi screen when the file first
    It probably says [dos format]. Use
    :set ff=unix
    to convert to unix format. The difference? Dos format ends a line with
    where unix format just ends

    The extra carriage return confuses the compiler; the \ needs to be followed
    by a newline to be acceptable as a line-continuation marker.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:147.744 seconds]