    SubjectRe: 3c515 ???
    Hi Horst.

    >> I've since created a network kitchen sink 2.2.10 kernel (one
    >> with ALL of the network drivers hard compiled in), and the
    >> driver that accepts and id's the card is...
    >> Q> AMD LANCE and PCnet (AT1500 and NE2100) support
    >> ...but, for some reason, the same driver in RedHat 6.0 doesn't
    >> work.

    > Try different IO ranges when insmod:ing the driver. The ISA
    > drivers do autoprobing for the card's configuration when built
    > into the kernel, but not when modules (so they don't step on
    > each other's toes). The driver module should be able to find the
    > IRQ by itself, but it can't probe for IO ranges. The driver
    > source will probably tell you what IO ranges it probes, or you
    > could look at the messages when booting your kitchen sink.

    According to the 2.2.10 kitchen sink, the card's IO address is 0x320,
    with IRQ 5 and DMA 5, but even specifying those as parameters to the
    RH 6.0 driver (kernel 2.2.5-22) results in a "not found" report, so
    there MUST be something the 2.2.10 driver's doing that the 2.2.5-22
    one isn't. The problem is that I've no idea what !!!

    For reference, the system is an Elonex WS-450 with 16M of RAM and a
    motherboarded AM79C960KS network controller ic. I've upgraded the hard
    drive from 450M (as supplied) to 820M - it's apparently a standard
    2.5" hard drive, but it's otherwise as received.

    Also on the motherboard is a PS/2 style socket, similar to the ones
    used for both keyboard and mouse on this system, but labelled "Sound",
    although I can find no trace of any sound configuration in the BIOS.
    If anybody can provide any clues re this, it would be MUCH

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:85.660 seconds]