    SubjectIs ide-scsi + scsi-cdrom a replacement for ide-cdrom?
    Date
    My thanks to those who have replied so far; however, I seem to have asked
    the wrong questions. I already know that IDE-SCSI is required to make
    CD-R burners work: I have two of them at home. ;-)

    I'm more interested in things that the IDE CD driver can do that IDE-SCSI
    + SCSI-CDROM can't. I am tempted to create a kernel binary, for possible
    distribution to N people on CD, that contains the IDE-SCSI emulation layer
    and SCSI CD-ROM support _instead of_ IDE-CDROM support. This makes IDE
    CD-R drivers work, among other things.

    Is this a good idea? So far the only problem I've heard about is that
    CD changers don't work through the IDE-SCSI layer (I used to have one of
    those, too, but unfortunately I don't any more). Is there some equivalent
    SCSI command that can be sent to such drivers through the IDE-SCSI layer?

    --
    I don't speak for Corel, I just work for them. Use zygob@corel.ca for work,
    zblaxell@furryterror.org for play, and zblaxell@feedme.hungrycats.org for PGP.