From: Rik van Riel [mailto:riel@humbolt.geo.uu.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 4:48 AM
To: Larry McVoy
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: The Linux Kernel Project Management System (INITIAL
PROPOSAL)

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Larry McVoy wrote:

> > > Don't you think it is a little unfair to get people interested in
> > > infrastructure that you have no intention of supporting at commercial
> > > levels? What happens when you get interested in something else?
> >
> > Do you think any of us here care? Many of us are here, supporting a
> > non-commercial project, at non-commercial levels. I think you just
> > insulted most of us.
>
> Uh huh. Sure.

I don't usually participate in flamewars, but he's right Larry.
You just insulted most of the Open Source community, even though
you seem to be using Open Source as a bitkeeper selling point...

Besides, Open Source is the _only_ guarantee that the product
will be around in 20 years. If bitmover falls apart or gets
aquired by someone, we have no chance in hell to keep using
bitkeeper -- and that's all because of that weird licensing.

Rik
of people. That is its real strength.
--
work at: http://www.reseau.nl/