    SubjectRe: [Q]: Linux and real device drivers
    Jes Sorensen wrote:
    > Tim> On 26 Sep 1999, Jes Sorensen wrote:
    > >> This will only work if you have a way of forcing people to update
    > >> the documentation when they change the code. People will modify
    > >> other peoples' code, sometimes they know what they are doing,
    > >> sometimes they don't.
    > Tim> The same could be said of *any* documentation. The idea is to
    > Tim> increase the likelihood of the documentation being correct.
    > I am not saying we cannot improve our documentation, I am merely
    > pointing out that we are dealing with volunteers and it is unrealistic
    > to expect them all to do documentation all the time when hacking is
    > so much more fun.

    No question about that ;)

    Any API docs are better than no API docs. Even simply adding stub API
    docs is very helpful, because that gives people a central place to look
    for a list of public functions they can use in their drivers and other

    Custom driver development | Never worry about theory as long
    Open source programming | as the machinery does what it's
    | supposed to do. -- R. A. Heinlein

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:5.656 seconds]