SubjectRe: [Q]: Linux and real device drivers
Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> Some problems with documentation:
>
> - is a poor substitute for code
> - can never be complete, accurate, or timely enough to match the source
> - <language> is much more ambiguous than C

If you want to know exactly what occurs, look at the code.
If you want an overview, a summary, a quick scan of the logic contained
within the code, and perhaps suggested best usage of the code, look at
the docs (if they exist).

The system I propose is entirely optional, and code can be documented
gradually, as developer time and outside contributions permit.

Regards,

Jeff

--
Custom driver development | Never worry about theory as long
Open source programming | as the machinery does what it's