SubjectRe: [patch] kernel API documentation system

Nat> Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch> writes:
>> Putting auto generated documents in the same directory as the
>> static ones is a bad idea imho. It makes it hard for people to keep
>> track of what can be deleted and what cannot.

Nat> Maybe 'Documentation/api/', then?

Documentation/autogenerated or something else that makes it clear it
is not to be mixed with static documents. Documentation/api doesn't
imply that.

>> Well this makes it impossible to look at your patch, try using a
>> sane encoding format such as uuencoding or plain ascii.

Nat> Oh, come on. MIME is extremely common these days. The fact that
Nat> you use an antiquated mailreader which doesn't understand it is
Nat> hardly Jeff's fault. I could understand a complaint of "not
Nat> everyone can read MIME, could you repost a uuencoded version?",
Nat> but your complaint is abrasive enough to be unreasonable.

GNUS can deal with MIME just fine, it doesn't make it less painful
though. base64 is the real problem since it relies on the mime heards
and cannot be decoded if those are not in place.

Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.076 / U:0.136 seconds]