SubjectRE: PCI controller (HPT-366) not detected
Date

> Which BIOS and board revision?
> Mine the second channel craps out and hangs.
> Therefore applying the rules of stablity for all, the second is blocked
> from access only for the onboard adapter.
> I will consider a compile flage for allowing access, but the default will
> always disable it.

Out of curiosity, have you checked to see if this only happens when in SMP?
Do you only get an oops with the NMI watchdog, or is this an entirely
different problem?

I ask only because of the similarities with the problems I'm having with the
BP-6 and the promise controllers. I'm still working on getting a null modem
cable (I should just hack up an existing one at this rate) so I don't have
the oops for you, but it's very similar in that everything works perfectly
with one channel used, but an immediate lockup with both channels used...

Tom

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.418 / U:0.212 seconds]