SubjectRe: sym53c875E-0: PCI clock seems too high

The test of the PCI clock is not intended to prevent user from stupidly
breaking their hardware, but some reality test to prevent the driver from
being wrong about its estimation of the SCSI clock of the chip. Applying
the algorithm to the PCI bus and checking the result against the expected
reality (33Mhz), allows to make sure the algorithm is correct. This
algorithm is based on the udelay() stuff of Linux that sometimes may give
weird results, especially on new hardware, and then break the driver
calculation of the SCSI clock.

I will NOT remove the reality test of the PCI clock, but allow user to
tell the driver about the reality they choose for the PCI clock frequency.
This will be a boot command option that will be defaulted to 33 MHz.
Probably something like : pciclk=41 to inform the driver about the PCI BUS
being clocked to 41 MHz.

I actually donnot care of people who overclock their hardware. I just ask
them for not wasting our time with problems due to their decision to
overclock. These people must know that hardware that have been overclocked
can be definitely damaged and experience far more error than specs said.

Overcloking a CPU that is in fact sold with an underclocked specification
is one thing. Overclocking a BUS and then everything that connect to it by
more than 10% was not imaginable by me. By the way, I think that people
that overclock PCI 33 Mhz buses up to 41MHz or more are just foolish and
plain idiot, but I don't care of them.

Gérard.