    SubjectRe: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?
    Date
    Hello!

    > just a question: could it be that the inconsistent manner in which
    > drivers manipulate dev->tbusy flag is related to the problem?
    > (Some drivers use atomic bitops, others -- as well as the packet scheduler --
    > access it by plain C language constructs).

    Not on UP and not in 2.2.
    2.2 queueing is so paranoid (exactly to workaround wrong tbusy handling
    inside drivers), that the only effect of misused tbusy should be only
    excessive cpu eating.

    I see two explanations:
    1. device is lost from run queue because of some bug in scheduler.
    2. device stopped to receive rx interrupts.

    I repeat the request: gentlemen, please, make tcpdump both on
    wire and on local host with "tcpdump -i eth0 -n -v -s 256 -x icmp",
    when pinging. The investigation even will not be started until
    I get at least one report of this kind.

    Alexey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:3.430 / U:0.052 seconds]