SubjectRe: Turning lucent winmodem into soundcard (RT-Linux -when?)

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> If you're referring to code running on the hardware DSP, that is indeed
> my plan. An ioctl() to download code to the DSP, the code provided by
> the user-space package.

Yes, that sounds like the cleanest solution.

> In general, the driver will do signal processing in software. It's not
> obvious where to put the programming, mainly because it doesn't matter.

The current modem modes use floating point, so the way they are now they
ought to remain in user space, but changing them to use int wouldn't
be a big deal, either.

> There's another complication: I don't think it's possible to accurately
> simulate a serial terminal over a pty.

What properties of a serial terminal do you need? Some sort of timing
requirements? Data transparency shouldn't be an issue, should it?

Kai

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.096 / U:0.164 seconds]