SubjectRe: Ext3 filesystem info?

From: Jeff Haumont <>

>Anyone know if the coda project intends to make their ACLs work the same way
>as these do for ext2? It'd be great to have one set of common commands to
>learn for working with ACLs ...
>"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:
>> Hi,
>> On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:26:27 -0400 (EDT), Dave <> said:
>> > While we're on the topic of ext3, is there any chance of seeing ACLs in
>> > the near future?

I'd be much happier if the ACL interface moved into the VFS layer, and up
to individual file systems to support/not support ACL's. This way the
implementation would become isolated from the kernel support, allowing a
common set of user utilities, and user/OS interface.

random thoghts on, don't take too seriously:
The VFS interface shouldn't need much over a "get_next_ACL" call, providing
the inode number and ACL index.
Jesse I Pollard, II