SubjectRe: MVP4 sound Support
Date

> I've got MVP3 with just SoundBlaster (no video) and SB16 driver works
> perfectly on it. I think you have to enable the chip from BIOS and make
> sure that IRQs and DMAs and IO ports are correct (On my motherboard,
> IRQs and DMAs get printed out at BIOS init time). Also, you might consider
> using isapnptools since the chip is on the ISA bus (might be different for
you).

> Good luck,

I've played around with the BIOS settings already. Actually it gives me
two options. One to enable the sound system and one to enable legacy
soundblaster support (along with other options to configure the legacy SB
support). While the SB drivers load, no sound comes out. I think the
motherboard and/or BIOS is buggy anyway. Its a newly release FIC
motherboard and I've noticed that historically the first revisions of FIC's
stuff tend to be very buggy especially in their BIOSes. I evaluated the
same hardware under NT 4.0 and found that an ISA network card just refused
to work at all in this system. Later I also found that the kernel in
Win2000 RC1 just blows up upon bootup, RC1 did work in an MVP3 based system
as well as a BX based PII system. In any case I've going to give this other
guy's driver a try.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.324 / U:0.148 seconds]