SubjectRe: PATCH: Update for the serial driver.
Date
Followup to:  <19990902200947.A2552@lamia.loth.demon.co.uk>
By author: Steve Dodd <dirk@loth.demon.co.uk>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 03:15:33PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > Talk to Peter Anvin. He's doing this 32-bit bootloader thing that can
> > actually do a complete re-link, and essentially give you all the
> > advantages of modules with none of the disadvantages (ie no runtime
> > overhead in the TLB etc).
>
> IIRC, hpa doesn't like the multiboot standard stuff, so this is probably
> irrelevant, but doesn't it allow something like this? I guess I need to go
> away and read some docs..

I think multiboot allows for some amount of linking at runtime, but
I'm hoping to go beyond that... film at 11. I don't want to make all
of this more vaporware than it already is, so if you're insterested in
stuff that is currently just in my head, email me directly or take it
to the syslinux list on linux.kernel.org (it's an open majordomo
list).

-hpa