    SubjectRe: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?
    The same thing was happening to one of the computers I had setup as a
    firewall... aproxamately every 24 hours I would have to restrt the
    networking or ping times as described would occur. And ssh worked fine
    between the computer and anywhere else.

    I swaped out the network card and all was fine...

    Linux version 2.2.12 (root@oliver) (gcc version egcs-2.91.66
    19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)) #2 Thu Sep 16 13:11:41 EDT 1999

    This has also happened once with my home machine.

    The only thing in common between the machines was that they were both
    setup for IP forwarding and both were on dhcp networks.

    The one that occured daily had a 3com ISA nic in it (not sure which but I
    can find out) and a eepro100 as secondary nic.

    My home machine has a 3c595

    On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

    >> I periodically notice that all or most network traffic is taking exactly 1000
    >> ms. No matter where I check traffic, most roundtrips seem to take 1000ms.
    >> This includes pings, traceroutes, and apparently TCP traffic since connections
    >> are running very slowly. Downing/upping the interface cures the problem.
    >What options do you have the kernel built with.
    >the body of a message to
    >Please read the FAQ at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:31.124 seconds]