    SubjectRe: 2.2.13 & gcc-2.95.1
    On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > bunch of assembler warnings during the build? May be those warnings can
    > > explain (at least partially) why don't the resulting kernel behave?
    >
    > Understand something here. If 2.2.14 or 2.2.15 builds perfectly with gcc 2.95.1
    > I will be happy. I want it to build and work with all the new compilers. Equally
    > from a production perspective right now we know it doesnt work, right now
    > it hasn't had sufficient testing with the patches.
    >
    > All Im trying to say is - if you are building a kernel to go out on CD, to
    > run on a web server, professionally for a client etc - be aware that 2.95*
    > is the wrong thing to build it with. If you want to build with 2.95.1 on
    > non critical machines and help change this then great,

    OK, I do have several machines which I can experiment on. My next CD is not
    that close yet to be afraid of having a currently buggy kernel. Anyway, my
    next distribution will hopefully be built 'round 2.4.x...

    So please do expect detailed bug reports for 2.2.x & gcc-2.95.1. Sure
    enough, I'll do my best to help you in bug hunting.