SubjectRe: Swap on two drives
laslo@wodip.opole.pl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a quick question (just from curiosity):
>
> If we have a hipotetical machine with two harddrives,
> and on both we make a swap partitions, will Linux
> try to swap on not-actually-used disk ?
> I mean something like: we have some disk activity
> on hda1 and Linux has to swap something in,
> will it swap to swap partition on hda or hdb ?
>
> I'm sorry if it's not a good place to ask such
> a question, and if so - please guide me in the
> good direction.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -- laslo
>
> -

Hi,

You can define priorities for the swap partitions (see man 2 swapon) and I
think
that's the only difference the kernel will see. So if you have equally fast
disks
and one is mainly idle increase the priority of the swap partition in this
disk.

Rui Sousa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:2.921 / U:0.248 seconds]