    SubjectRe: NFS corruption revisited
    On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

    > You need tcpdump data with the rpc fully decoded. Padding rpc's is quite
    > valid and that is what the trace shows I believe.
    >
    > How close are AIX and Solaris nfsd I wonder

    Having had the dubious pleasure of using NFS between AIX machines in my
    daily existance, I can state with some certainty that the server has
    problems galore.

    We experience random corruption, disappearing files and, occasionally,
    complete brain-death of the server threads. The latter invariably require
    a complete reboot of the host to set straight..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:90.516 seconds]