SubjectRe: NFS corruption revisited
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> You need tcpdump data with the rpc fully decoded. Padding rpc's is quite
> valid and that is what the trace shows I believe.
>
> How close are AIX and Solaris nfsd I wonder

Having had the dubious pleasure of using NFS between AIX machines in my
daily existance, I can state with some certainty that the server has
problems galore.

We experience random corruption, disappearing files and, occasionally,
complete brain-death of the server threads. The latter invariably require
a complete reboot of the host to set straight..

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans