SubjectInconsistent directory information
Hello All,
I found a linux quirk I thought I would mention. I dont think it really
hurts anything, but its kind of wierd. I went to a mount point and ran the
commands:

mount .
ls

which is to say I mounted a directory over my CWD and then tried to list
the contents of my CWD. What I get is:

ls: lost+found: No such file or directory
ls: configfile: No such file or directory
ls: buildLibs.sh: No such file or directory
ls: buildLizzard.sh: No such file or directory
ls: runLizzard.sh: No such file or directory
ls: gdbscript: No such file or directory
ls: prefix: No such file or directory
ls: mozbuild: No such file or directory

All these files are in the directory that was mounted on top of the CWD.
It looks like some system call is looking at the new directory and some
system call is looking at the old directory.

Interestingly if I run "strace ls" then ls sees all the files in the new
directory.

Like I said I dont think this is a bug, but it is kind of wierd.

Jim

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.041 / U:0.124 seconds]