SubjectDesigning a keyboard controller
[Hope this is not too off-topic...]

Hi all,

I'm designing an embedded StrongARM-based system[1] that I want to use with
Linux. I need to design a keyboard/mouse interface for this beast, and
going by the kernel sources PS/2 seems the way to go (I'd really like to
use commodity hardware to talk to X and friends).

I've since found notes on how to capture a PS/2 stream with a
microcontroller, but I don't know what the best interface is to offer
Linux, ie what should the hardware look like when seen from the kernel .
I'd rather not use an 8042 ;-), but I'm open for other suggestions. The
StrongARM has an I/O space that is almost but not entirely unlike ISA, and
I have some GP I/O pins to spare. Does anyone have an idea what the best
interface would be ?

Sincerely,

Jan-Derk Bakker

[1] the Linux Advanced Radio Terminal or LART; 32MB, >200MIPS, <1W,
pictures at http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/open-source/LART/ . I'd
like to release the hardware design under a GPL-like license; please
contact me off-list if you have any suggestions on the legalese that is
unavoidably involved.

--
"... I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.082 / U:0.096 seconds]