SubjectRe: [patch] pci probing

> How does a driver define an arbitrary probe order under your scheme?
> Forcing a driver to depend on the order of the values returned from a
> pci_find_class() iteration is not always desireable.

Yes, but are the cases where you need your own order common enough
to justify complicating the helper functions?

> And small nit while I was looking at pci-scan: You need to use
> IORESOURCE_IO not PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_SPACE_IO when testing the flags
> member of 'struct resource' if I'm not mistaken.

Both work. The resource->flags field contains both generic resource flags
(as IORESOURCE_IO) and PCI region flags (lower 4 bits where PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_SPACE_IO

Have a nice fortnight
Martin `MJ' Mares <>
"Is there a life before death?"