    SubjectRe: [patch] pci probing
    Hello,

    > How does a driver define an arbitrary probe order under your scheme?
    > Forcing a driver to depend on the order of the values returned from a
    > pci_find_class() iteration is not always desireable.

    Yes, but are the cases where you need your own order common enough
    to justify complicating the helper functions?

    > And small nit while I was looking at pci-scan: You need to use
    > IORESOURCE_IO not PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_SPACE_IO when testing the flags
    > member of 'struct resource' if I'm not mistaken.

    Both work. The resource->flags field contains both generic resource flags
    (as IORESOURCE_IO) and PCI region flags (lower 4 bits where PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_SPACE_IO
    sits).

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/