SubjectRe: /proc/cpuinfo verbiage differ unnecessarily between ports...

David> In article <>, Jes
David> Sorensen <> wrote:
>> Since none of the info in /proc/cpuinfo should be of interest to
>> any tools

David> Why not? I'd say that the contents of /proc/cpuinfo would
David> be very interesting to tools, because it's what the operating
David> system thinks it's running on.

Why, it's a name of the CPU, MMU and FPU a bunch of version levels and
a list of bugs. In principle these are of no interest to user space
applications except for "my **** is bigger than your ****"
Now while we are at it, please fix your mail client to stop eating the