SubjectRe: Q: Signal processing
Hello Philip,

Philip Blundell wrote:

> Yes; the signal handler can modify the register state (including the program
> counter if you so desire) at the instant the signal was delivered. So you can
> unthread the signal handler and make control immediately pass somewhere else
> without actually returning to the place where the signal was delivered.
>
> See the sigcontext structure for details. Exactly how you get at it is
> probably architecture dependent.

That's exactly what I was looking for. It even works as desired. The
question is: Can I be sure that the layout of a sigframe won't change?
It's not documented in the man pages, so it's probably not meant to be
used by user code?

--
Bye, E-Mail ......... mailto:joerg.pleumann@trantor.de
Jörg Homepage ... http://www.trantor.de/joerg.pleumann