    SubjectRe: Q: Signal processing
    Hello Philip,

    Philip Blundell wrote:

    > Yes; the signal handler can modify the register state (including the program
    > counter if you so desire) at the instant the signal was delivered. So you can
    > unthread the signal handler and make control immediately pass somewhere else
    > without actually returning to the place where the signal was delivered.
    >
    > See the sigcontext structure for details. Exactly how you get at it is
    > probably architecture dependent.

    That's exactly what I was looking for. It even works as desired. The
    question is: Can I be sure that the layout of a sigframe won't change?
    It's not documented in the man pages, so it's probably not meant to be
    used by user code?

    --
    Bye, E-Mail ......... mailto:joerg.pleumann@trantor.de
    Jörg Homepage ... http://www.trantor.de/joerg.pleumann