    SubjectRe: info format (was Re: Linux 2.2.11pre4)
    I'd argue that what we really need is SUSv2 (SUSv3 when it
    arrives) as a starting point.

    Right now the library pages distributed with most distributions are
    hopeless. We tend to just use the SUSv2 web pages
    (, and read source
    (kernel, libc) when there are discrepancies. It would be much nicer to
    have Linux man pages that made those (ever diminishing) discrepancies

    So the question boils down to the relation of Linux to the Open Group.
    Does the community have enough clout to get them to want to play ball,
    i.e. provide the man pages in some modifiable and redistributable form?

    Bill Rugolsky

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.019 / U:62.744 seconds]