SubjectRe: info format (was Re: Linux 2.2.11pre4)
> What we need is a group of people - not many, just 10 or so - who are willing
> to write the man pages for things that obviously _should_ have man pages but
> don't. Like libc6. Let's ask the Linux man-pages maintainer... [added to Cc:
> line]... Andries, what's your feeling on the direction of section 3 man

No this is the wrong approach.

The whole point of texinfo is it can generate output in many formats. Teach
it to output man page format, and perhaps add some extra markup to the
info system to do man pages nicely. That gets the FSF man support, hopefully
keeps them happy and avoids mass duplication of work