    SubjectRe: ISDN and the feature freeze (was: no driver change for 2.4?)
    On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 09:53:53AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Paul Slootman wrote:
    > >
    > > As this has gone on for such a long time, at some point there isn't much
    > > alternative to biting the bullet at some stage, and actually _having_ to
    > > accept a major patch.
    >
    > Oh, I agree. That much is obvious. In fact, I've accepted some of them
    > over time.
    >
    > The reason I'm bitching is not just because I love biting peoples heads
    > off in public, it's because I do not want to see the ISDN incompetence
    > continue. I want people to be aware of the problem, and I want somebody to
    > stand up and say "I'll do it".
    >
    > I can accept large patches initially, but I want to do so in the solid
    > knowledge that it's the last time EVER I have to wait for ISDN code until
    > the last moment. There's obviously no way we can fix past problems, I just
    > do not want them to repeat every single release cycle like they have so
    > far.

    It might be good to make sure the XFS people at SGI are reading this
    thread. Given that I have not seen any incremental XFS patches I assume
    they are planning on doing a mega-patch too.

    Jim

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.029 / U:29.840 seconds]