SubjectBuggy chat induced kernel panic in 2.2.12

Greetings! A buggy chat program from ppp 2.3.5, which would corrupt
syslog output when invoked with -e, in addition crashes both 2.2.11
and 2.2.12. The kernel tries to kill the interrupt handler, reports
an error trying to kill an idle process, and produces a long series of
numeric call trace data to the console, but, alas as expected, not to
the syslog. As this is a production machine, I didn't keep the system
down long enough to transcribe the output by hand. If anyone can
think of a way I could capture this to a file, I'd be happy to trigger
this again after hours. The bug is completely reproducible.

2.2.7 showed the corruption in syslog, but the kernel stayed up.

Take care,

Camm Maguire
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." -- Baha'u'llah