    SubjectBuggy chat induced kernel panic in 2.2.12

    Greetings! A buggy chat program from ppp 2.3.5, which would corrupt
    syslog output when invoked with -e, in addition crashes both 2.2.11
    and 2.2.12. The kernel tries to kill the interrupt handler, reports
    an error trying to kill an idle process, and produces a long series of
    numeric call trace data to the console, but, alas as expected, not to
    the syslog. As this is a production machine, I didn't keep the system
    down long enough to transcribe the output by hand. If anyone can
    think of a way I could capture this to a file, I'd be happy to trigger
    this again after hours. The bug is completely reproducible.

    2.2.7 showed the corruption in syslog, but the kernel stayed up.

    Take care,

    Camm Maguire
    "The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens." -- Baha'u'llah

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.065 / U:1.856 seconds]