    SubjectRe: Celeron doesn't reach proper BogoMIPS

    Is it possible to disable thermal throttling?

    > Date: 28 Aug 1999 10:15:12 GMT
    > From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@transmeta.com>
    > To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
    > Subject: Re: Celeron doesn't reach proper BogoMIPS

    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 6
    model name : Celeron (Mendocino)
    stepping : 5
    cpu MHz : 398.712348
    cache size : 128 KB
    fdiv_bug : no
    hlt_bug : no
    sep_bug : no
    f00f_bug : no
    coma_bug : no
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 2
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx osfxsr
    bogomips : 97.89

    > > .... that somehow the correct number of MHz has been detected. The
    > > number makes me suspect that it really is a measurement and not a
    > > value from an eeprom or something like that.
    > >

    > That it is; it compares the CPU time stamp counter to the timer
    > clock. However, if you're doing thermal throttling (STPCLK asserted),
    > then the TSC will still advance.
    >
    > -hpa

    I'm no expert..

    I disabled power-management completely in the bios-configuration-tool
    of the Notebook

    is there anything that can be done to have no thermal throttling?
    ("un"assert STPCLK ?)

    Peter

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.022 / U:31.168 seconds]