Subject[OT] Re: searchable kernel archive
there is also http://mail-archive.com  This list and lots of other linux
related list are archived there.

BTW. I've also been having strange pppd problems. The connection slows
down to the point where it can't complete the connection (logs the "all
bits set to zero" error in messages log) whenever I have a sound card in
the box (not even configured or anything, just inserted in the box).
Both cards use different IRQs and IOports. I tried removing the sound
modules, I even bought a new SB 128 PCI card (I thought the problem was
with my SB 16 ISA card) but the same thing happens. My modem is a
diamond supra express 56 ISA. Sound works fine with or without the
modem, but pppd (or modem) doesn't work when sound is install. I've
tried both the 2.2.15-5 and 2.2.12. This problem as stomped me for ages
now.

later,
Kervin