    SubjectRe: modutils check for SMP
    > SMP is the major reason for module incompatibility.
    >
    > There is CONFIG_MODVERSIONS which should prevent any module incompatibiliti=
    > es.

    It does

    > However, I don't use it, because it caused seom headache some time ago
    > (Modules not loading any more after reconfiguring and recompiling the
    > kernel.) I believe only few people use it.

    So basically you are saying "It exists, but I dont want to use it, however
    I'd like to whine anyway".

    Modversions is designed to catch all potential compatiblity cases across
    kernel rebuilds, not just SMP. If you reconfigure/recompile and structs change
    size it will do its job.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.021 / U:1.128 seconds]