SubjectRe: USB mouse in 2.2.12
On Fri, Aug 27, 1999, Brendan Cully <brendan@kublai.com> wrote:
> Ok, that subject has probably gotten this message deleted without being read, but if you've gotten this far...
>
> I've been trying to use my USB mouse in Linux for the last few stable kernels without luck. I'm currently running 2.2.12 on a dual PII/350, 440BX system. I enabled CONFIG_USB??? and built the usb-uhci module. I can modprobe it and it detects my mouse (according to SIGUSR1 on uhci-control), but I can't get any data from reading /dev/usbmouse (c 10 32). I also can't open the mouse until I kill -USR1 uhci-control. The interrupt service registers itself in /proc/interrupts (IO-APIC-edge, irq11), but the interrupt counters never increment.

This is because USR1 causes uhci-control to wakeup and poll the ports
and notice something has happened.

> This is what I've tried:
>
> I moved uhci_check_configuration above interruptible_sleep_on in uhci_control_thread. This seemed to fix the problem of not being able to open /dev/usbmouse until I'd killed -USR1 uhci-control.
>
> I stuck printks at the tops of a lot of functions. What I noticed is uhci_interrupt is never called. At least, I never see the printk. Can you printk inside of an interrupt handler?
>
> I think maybe ???_ticktd is failing? The function gets called, and says it is supposed to cause an interrupt per second on the USB device, but I never see any interrupts happen.
>
> Any ideas? I realise USB isn't supported in 2.2, but I don't really want to go to 2.3 just yet... anyone have any ideas what's wrong in the 2.2 code?
>
> ObItWorksInWindows: It works great in Windows 98! :)

What kind of UHCI controller is it? Could you show me a lspci output?
Also, are there any USB or PnP settings in your BIOS? Does changing the
setting cause it to work?

JE

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.034 / U:1.068 seconds]