SubjectRe: Questions regarding Linux swapping.
Is there a way to tell the kernel to swap certain programs?

I know that sounds weird... but there are many things I have loaded
that don't get used continously. Inetd isn't always the answer...

After running for a while, most usually end up in swap anyway, but it
would be convenient to be able to tell the kernel to swap most of certain
processes so the additional ram could be used for cache that much