SubjectRe: 2.2.9+ extreme instability
I've had this problem. The system would freeze solidly after three or
four days requiring a power cycle to get it up again. I too suspected
hardware since an identical system had been up for over three months on
2.2.6. It's now four weeks since I moved to 2.2.10ac8 - not a hint of
trouble.

Gordon

On Sun, Aug 01, 03:06PM -0400, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
>
> > To date, there has been no solution offered that I've seen. Might be
> > because the crashes leave absolutely no way to gather information about
> > why it crashed, nor do the logs ever say anything. We just walk in to
> > find a locked up machine, or we sit watching incredulously helpless, as
> > the machine spirals down to a dead state.
>
> The solution to this sort of problem tends to appear once similar reports
> show a common element. Have the -ac kernels been tried on this problem
> setup? Several corruption bugs were spotted in the series and are fixed
> in the 2.2.11 prepatches. If the problem still isn't fixed, comparing
> kernel config options against two similar machines may be of immense
> value -- options like quota being used can sometimes have a significant
> impact on normal codes.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.039 / U:0.796 seconds]