    SubjectRe: device driver -> SYN flood?
    On 17 Aug, Jonathan Masters wrote:
    | Yes, can someone please elaborate on this. Is it fair to say that the kernel
    | reports on all attacks in this way - I've never been attacked so I don't know.

    It's not necessarily an "attack" --- seems the latest version of a job
    queueing system for Linux used by one of the research groups in CMU ECE
    triggers it.

    My guess is that the kernel is a bit overly sensitive.

    brandon s. allbery os/2,linux,solaris,perl
    system administrator kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt
    carnegie mellon / electrical and computer engineering kf8nh

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.026 / U:9.556 seconds]