    SubjectRe: RealMagic DVD-cards
    My appologies to the list.  This is to hopefully pre-empt anymore
    messages to the list.

    There are currently a few projects working on the DVD issues for linux. I
    suggest heading over to:

    http://linuxdvd.corepower.com
    and
    http://livid.on.openprojects.net

    These two sites have mailing lists associated with them (both archived on
    the sites) and should provide you with the best information available for
    issues surrounding DVD-Video playing on linux. If anyone has any
    questions about this feel free to mail me off-list and I'll try to help
    however I can. This isn't the place for a discussion on DVD hardware
    support as there are a lot of issues (very few technical, mostly
    legal and licensing) to get through before that becomes a
    real possibility/issue.

    Paul Volcko
    LSDVD Project

    On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, B.W. McAdams wrote:

    > [apologises to those of you on both lists- you probably got this twice. I just
    > realised i sent to the wrong list]
    >

    > Having just gotten a DVD player for my system which came with a Sigma Hollywood
    > Plus (ugh - another reason to keep windows on my box), I would definitely have
    > an interest in seeing someone get it working in Linux.
    >
    > I'd offer to do it myself, but I must admit my C is pretty subpar and rusty,
    > and I have no experience writing device drivers. However if someone would
    > undertake the project I'd be willing to offer what help i can.
    >
    > Although I guess we would still need DVD Player software for linux once the
    > card was driven.
    > hmmm.
    > Anyone know if theres a project out there to write a Software based DVD Player?
    >
    > -Brendan
    >
    > --
    > Brendan W. McAdams | H: (305)859-2181
    > Programmer/Systems Administrator | W: (305)377-2880
    > Plexus InterActive | email:brendan@plexmedia.com
    > http://www.plexmedia.com
    >
    > "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then
    > do it. "
    > -- Robert A. Heinlein
    >

    > On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Hirsim{ki Mika wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone tried getting programming specifications
    > for RealMagic MPEG decoding boards from Sigma Designs
    > (www.sigma-designs.com)?
    >

    > -
    > --
    > Brendan W. McAdams | H: (305)859-2181
    > Programmer/Systems Administrator | W: (305)377-2880
    > Plexus InterActive | email:brendan@plexmedia.com
    > http://www.plexmedia.com
    >
    > "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then
    > do it. "
    > -- Robert A. Heinlein
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:3.437 / U:0.124 seconds]