SubjectRe: New resources - pls, explain :-(
Alan Cox wrote:
> > Why not clean up the namespace now? It's a simple #define in drivers,
> > and I venture to guess that most people will not notice since they get
> > their net drivers from kernel sources.

> Its a #ifdef in lots of drivers. And a lot of people download their drivers
> from Don Becker and also as source from vendor sites.

True. Will 'struct device' continue to be an annoyance to people, next
year, five years down the road?

If 'struct net_device' is to be used it should be done now, before even
more drivers are written to use the older naming. Another mitigating
factor might be: when Linus & dbecker both update their source trees,
you probably cover well over 90% of the cases.

Regards,

Jeff

--
Oxymoron: Microsoft Works