Subject[OT] Re: Gates of Hell

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Jonathan Masters wrote:

> The worst of it is - the site ***********filters*********** by OS type. This
> means that you can't access it if you're running Linux. Actually, that brings

www.protozoa.com runs an open relay. Already was in IMRSS. I'm not too
fond of ORBS, but in this case... there it went. As for their site -
their webmaster is utter luser. JabbaScript all over the place, no fscking
idea of ALT, b0rken HTML... Bleargh.

That *might* be a joe-job, but I doubt it - their sendmail is full of
holes, but it does rDNS. So most likely it's their own turdlet.

> up a question: I have a barclays online banking account, but barclays also
> filter by OS type (at least what they get from the browser) - they claim
> Linux/UNIX is "less secure than windows " (3.1 , 95, 98 AND NT!!!!!!!!! -
> they said this when I spoke to them) - I have made excessive threats to them
> about legal action and have several people investigating whether what they
> are doing is legal, but until then, is there an easy way to get ns to lie
> about os/browser version, or can some of us write some kind of proxy which
> lies about os, etc...?? Thanx.

Check the JunkBuster.

> "Homme R. Bitter" wrote:
>
> > This person is obviously applying for a collection of coredums in his/her
> > email box....

Please, don't. Using any of $BIGNUM root exploits in (ancient) SGI
sendmail to log in and fix the bloody thing is also bad idea. Let them do
it themselves. Save your complaints, save the whole exchange with the
suckers, if they will fail to fix the relay - escalate to upstream, etc.
And feed them to RBL when/if there will be enough evidence.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.076 / U:1.756 seconds]