    SubjectRe: ADSL or Cable modem support in Linux, etc..
    On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Mark Lord wrote:

    > "Mike A. Harris" wrote:
    > > What is the support like for ADSL right now?
    > Works fine here (2.2mb/sec), connected via ethernet to the ADSL "modem".
    > BUT.. that ease will change soon. My ISP is shifting to PPP-over-Ethernet
    > rather than continuing with the current "bridged" setup. Other ISPs
    > continent-wide are likely to do the same, in the name of "equal access".
    > Linux currently has no *mature* open-source PPPoE client, but there
    > are some jury-rigged arrangements that work, sort of, at present.
    > I'll likely be installed one Real Soon Now..

    Here at Cloudnet we have several clients hooked up with ADSL/PPP. The
    equipment that the customers use are Cisco 675 ADSL routers. The ADSL
    routers handles the PPPoE stuff automagically.

    ; ; Chris Zwilling
    ; Don't let people drive you crazy ;
    ; when you know it's in walking distance ; System Administrator
    ; ; 320.240.8243

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:0.504 seconds]