SubjectRe: hdd & sound
Hi all,

All of you that are having this problem. Could you reply to me with:
a) type of ISA cards (as specific as possible, especially SCSI and
sound)
b) verify that you do not run SCSI/EIDE in non bus master mode.
c) attach a output from vmstat 2 > vmstat.out
(play sound, start this command, wait 5 secs, start disk activity,
wait 5 secs, stop vmstat with ^C

This was checked on Wakkos machine, and it indicated that no bus
mastering / DMA was used.
Note: my SB16SCSI II does not have DMA enabled by default... and
ISA cards can not do bus mastering on their own.)

[I will make a summary]

PS.

I do think that this is related (until proven otherwise)

Check out
http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/audio/

But make sure that you are using Bus Master EIDE / dma transfers since
it does not handle that yet !

/RogerL